1. We send you a confirmation invoice. You pay a deposit of 30% of the villa rental price. Your payment of the deposit is taken as acceptance of the terms laid out on the confirmation invoice and in these terms and conditions.
2. You pay the balance - You must pay the balance due eight weeks prior to departure. If booking within eight weeks of departure, then the full amount must accompany your booking form. If you do not pay on the date due then we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled and you could therefore be liable to pay cancellation charges of up to 100% of the holiday price. If you pay for your holiday to a TRAVILLAS appointed Travel Agent, they will hold that money as our agent, from the time they receive it until they pay the money to us.
3. If you change your booking - If you wish to change your booking in any way whatsoever after receiving our confirmation invoice, and providing we are notified at least eight weeks prior to the departure date, we will do our utmost to satisfy your requirements, but an amendment fee of STG 25.00 pounds per booking is then payable. A change of departure will incur a cancellation charge as set out in section 4. Amendments to car hire within 8 weeks of departure will be charged at STG 10 pounds. All amendments must be notified to us in writing. Please note that certain travel arrangements cannot be changed after a reservation has been made and any such alteration request may incur 100% cancellation charge. Accomodation is provided only for those on the booking form. Any additional persons wishing to book are required to notify us, as soon as possible and make confirmation in writing with any payment due immediately, unless we advise otherwise, but no later than 8 working days before departure or we reserve the right to refuse any such persons and may cancel the booking.
4. If you cancel your holiday - You will have to pay a cancellation fee according to the scale below. Please remember that insurance covers cancellation under certain circumstances. A cancellation can only be valid if notified to us in writing, signed by the person who signed the booking form.
Prior to 56 days before departure - forfeit 30% deposit only
56-42 days before departure - forfeit 40%
41-29 days before departure - forfeit 50%
28-15 days before departure - forfeit 80%
14 days before departure - forfeit 100%
The cancellation amount shown above is a percentage of the total holiday price. Should the time of the outbound or inbound flight vary from that shown on your confirmation invoice by less than 12 hours, we will not regard this as sufficient cause to cancel your holiday or to refund any monies you have paid.
5. If you have a complaint - Please inform our local representative whilst you are on holiday so that there is an opportunity to settle the matter amicably. It is our intention that any complaint is resolved quickly and to your satisfaction during your holiday. If you are still not satisfied with the solution offered, you should contact the UK office (+44 1243 684040) and our staff will arrange a mutually satisfactory settlement. In the unlikely event that you are still dissatisfied, we will require written notification within 14 days of completion of your holiday. Failure to contact the local representative or company when on holiday will invalidate any future claim against the company as we are then deprived of investigating and rectifying the problem.
6. Breakage, loss or damage - You will be required to reimburse us for the full amount of any breakages, losses or damage caused to the accommodation or contents during your stay if the cost exceeds the breakage deposit of £50 per person.
7. Your accommodation - The accommodation provided may only be used by the group specified on the confirmation invoice. Sub-letting, sharing and assignment of the accommodation is prohibited.
8. Special Offers - We reserve the right to reduce the prices featured online at various times in order to make 'special offers' which may be advertised nationally.
9. OUR PRICE GUARANTEE - THE PRICE OF YOUR HOLIDAY IS FULLY GUARANTEED AND WILL NOT BE SUBJECT TO ANY SURCHARGES.
10. Changes to your booking - It sometimes becomes necessary for us to amend or cancel a booking due to circumstances beyond our control. If this should occur we will make every effort to offer a suitable alternative. If you notify us immediately in writing that any alternative is not acceptable, we will refund all the money you have paid. We will however endeavour not to cancel your holiday during the eight weeks immediately before departure unless of course you have not paid for it in full or unless our intention to provide your holiday is frustrated by events beyond our control, e.g. if there are changes or cancellation due to war or threat of war; riots; civil strikes; natural disaster; epidemics; bad weather; technical problems with aircraft; airports or transport; closure of airports; terrorist activity; governmental action; breach of contract with us by an airline, tour operator, villa or transportation contractor. Should changes become necessary during your holiday for reasons of force majeure, we cannot accept responsibility for any loss, damage or expense and no refunds will be given.
11. Website accuracy - It is very important to us that our website is accurate. However, there may be occasions where some small changes to room and furniture layout may have been made by villa owners during the season that are not represented in the website description. We also cannot accept liability for any loss whatsoever and howsoever arising due to circumstances which are beyond our control or supervision. There may be occasions when facilities are not available, ie. a blocked toilet, water heaters and swimming pools may need maintenance, filters changed and there may be water/power shortages at periods of high demand. The authorities may give permission for services to be stopped/turned off, without prior warning, so that a particular job/repair can be carried out. Particular attention is drawn to the possibility of building works which may be ongoing and at the time of going to press are not known to us and therefore are not referred to in the brochure. We do not warrant and are in no way responsible for the accuracy of any information given or statements made by our servants or agents or made by travel services other than those contained within the website. Also, be prepared for Services not being up to U.K. standards ie. drains, plumbing and wiring. If a spare part is required as there is a general shortage of skilled labour and difficulties of obtaining spare parts, it is possible one does not always receive it or it may not be fixed as quickly as one might wish.
Please Note: Cookers in Portugal generally do not have grills; barbecues and toasters are usually used.
An area described as peaceful/quiet may have barking dogs, noisy neighbours, ants or mosquitos, etc., at the time of your holiday. Unfortunately due to these and other circumstances out of our control, we cannot be held responsible though our representatives will do whatever they can to help.
12. Our liability - We accept responsibility for the acts and/or omissions of our employees, agents and suppliers while acting within the scope of or in the course of their employment, agency or contract of supply and we also accept responsibility for any deficiencies in the services we are contractually obliged to provide, or the failure of such services to reach a reasonable standard.
However, we do not accept responsibility in respect of death, bodily injury or illness of, or to the signatory to the contract and/or any other named person on the booking form, except when caused by the negligent acts and/or omissions of our employees, agents, suppliers or sub-contractors while acting within the scope of or in the course of their employment, agency, contract of supply or sub-contract. We shall afford every assistance to a client who through misadventure suffers illness or personal injury during the period of the holiday arising out of an activity which neither forms part of the foreign inclusive holiday arrangements nor forms part of an excursion offered through us. Such assistance shall take the form of advice, guidance and initial financial assistance where appropriate, up to a limit of £300 per booking. This must be regarded only as a loan and you will be required to repay any amount expended on your behalf within 56 days of the return from your holiday. Nothing in this condition shall apply where the services in question consist of carriage by air or sea, where our obligations and liabilities are limited in the manner provided by international conventions in respect of air and sea carriers. No one has any authority to represent or make warranties on our behalf concerning the holidays other than those which are contained in the brochure.
13. Any contract made under these terms and conditions will be subject to English Law and Jurisdiction.